Monday, January 7, 2013

Sewing: Autumn Apron


I made this reversible apron last month for my friend E's birthday. It's the same Lotta Jansdotter pattern as the cupcake apron and the kitty apron. This time, I stuck one extra-large pocket well below the waistline on each side. I really liked this print on E's apron. Her favorite season is fall, and she loves leaves as well, so I thought this print would be perfect. (My personal favorites are the apples and butterflies, and the colors are fantastic.) The only problem I had with sewing this apron was that I ran out of the solid burgundy fabric.

Note to self: when buying solid fabrics at Jo-Ann's, buy extra because these bolts are less than 44" wide ... which makes a huge difference with this particular pattern.

To make up the difference, I had to use the second yard of the print fabric that I was saving for another project. You can see in the photo below that the side/back panels are made with the print fabric instead of being continuous with the solid fabric. Oh well. E says she loves it anyway.


Here's a closeup of the fabric print, which I really, really like. I bought it on sale, too. Should have bought an extra yard.


xo, Gladys

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...