Friday, September 21, 2012

Recent Haul

So ModCloth had its summer clearance sale recently, and I couldn't help but indulge due to the fantastic prices. (Check out what I got from last year's summer clearance.) It's been a while since I've done one of these posts, and that's a good thing! Moreover, this time, I only bought a dress, a top, and three very cute pairs of shoes. I already showed off the white Salt Water Sandals (an amazing deal for $13) in an earlier post.




However, I have to confess here that about a month earlier, a couple of ModCloth items that I'd been eying went on sale briefly, and after trying them on at home I decided to keep both of them. These two black-and-white dresses have everything I love: nipped waists, fun patterns, and pockets! And the colors are just classic. I couldn't resist. You may have already seen the polka dot dress on this blog, but in different colors. I wasn't joking when I said that it's one of my favorite styles. (This dress is still available if you're interested.) The striped one needed to be shortened at the shoulders since the bodice was too long for me, but it was a very quick sew that turned out wonderfully. I decided not to cut any fabric but just folded and sewed in case I wanted to sell/give it away later -- which made it a fast alteration.



Summer in my part of the world will be still be here in October, and with all of my Saturdays from now until Halloween booked for get-togethers, parties, and a vacation (YAY!), I'm looking forward to styling all of these pieces in the next month and a half.... Stay tuned!

xo, Gladys

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...