Monday, June 18, 2012

Baby Shower #3, Part 1

I mentioned before that I had to host/attend three back-to-back baby showers this month. This is the third of three, for my brother and his wife who is carrying twin (fraternal) boys. We are very excited for them, and this was a big family shower.* We held it at my house because we have a pool, which turned out to be a really fun activity in and of itself.

Because it was such a big party, I'll break up the photos over two posts. Here, I want to share some of the decorations and food that I put together with my mom and older sister. The theme of the shower was twin baby elephants, with the color scheme being blue, green, and brown.

Homemade pennant banner (L + G + 2 = FAMILY), diaper cake, and my son with a giant blue balloon

The candy/snack bar for take-home party favors

Yummy Filipino food, mini cupcakes, and juices

The parents-to-be modeling the cupcakes, with more decorations in the background

There was definitely A LOT more food than you see above. Sadly, we don't have photos of the Filipino barbecue and the grilled carne asada with taco fixings (I made homemade restaurant-style salsa too!). But trust me when I tell you that it was all delicious. We also don't have good photos of the rest of the party decorations -- garlands, crepe paper hangings, and paper lanterns -- which irks me because my husband did a great job putting them up. (My older sister enlisted one of her best friends to be the photographer, so she had my nice camera for most of the day. She did a great job overall, however, even though it was her first time using a DSLR.)

It was actually quite stressful to put the party together since I've had such a busy month in general, but it was great fun and I'm glad it came off without any major hitches. Next post, I'll share photos of the baby shower activities. :-)

xo, Gladys

* We're not the only ones excited, apparently. My brother and sister-in-law are being thrown FOUR baby showers for this pregnancy -- one by her family, one by his family, one by her best friends, and one by his best friends. It seems like overkill, until I remember that they're having twins AND dealing with moving into a new place. It'll take a lot of resources to hit the ground running with the new babies.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...