Wednesday, April 25, 2012

New Shoes: Vintage Fluevogs

Introducing my Natalias (Halo family):


When you think "vintage," you usually think used. But these beautiful shoes were deadstock; they were made in 2003 but never got sold off the shelf. I bought these through eBay about a year ago, when an old shoe store going out of business in Texas (I believe) decided to sell all of the old stock online. I was really lucky they had the small size. For new Fluevogs, these were a steal, about $80. I loved the style, mary jane flats. The colors and art deco-ish design really sang to me as well.


When I bought these shoes, I decided to gift them to my sister-in-law-to-be (at the time; she has since married my bro). Part of the reason was the size. The Halos, or at least this style of Halos, apparently ran small, but these are still size 7 which means they're a touch too large for me. My sis-in-law wears the same-size shoes as I do, but her feet are on the larger side. I thought these would fit her perfectly.

However, she was unable to find the right outfit to wear them out with, and then she got pregnant (with twins!) a few months ago, which means that her shoe size has increased quite a bit. She then decided to return these to me last week, after she found them languishing in her closet.

While I'm sad that the shoes didn't give her any pleasure, she did the right thing by giving them back to me. :-) I've told her that I would be happy to lovingly and gently wear them, then return to her when her feet go back to their normal size -- which would give me about a year or so. Woohoo! I am looking forward to styling these babies soon!

xo, Gladys

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...