Saturday, March 31, 2012

Spring Flowers and Happy Blues

Amazingly, here's a second outfit post for the week. (Aren't you amazed? I am!) It's another simple ensemble. The weather yesterday was wonderful, so I pulled out this dress and was happy that I didn't have to layer a long-sleeved tee and pair of tights under it. It's the first time I have worn bare legs since late last fall. (Luckily I managed not to cut myself with the razor.)

Dress: Chuti via ModCloth | Mary jane clogs: Fluevog Guide (Prepare family)

(Ooh boy, I need a tan!) As promised, I'm showing off my new haircut. I know what you're thinking...why not leave it long and PERM it instead? My stylist nixed that idea, sadly. I am not joking. I actually asked if going curly would work, but she thought my hair was too heavy/thick for it. Oh, all right. So I asked for a straight bob. I know what you're thinking again...BORING!

But...

Can you NOT imagine it styled smooth and sleek under a beautiful cloche? How about this one? Or how about this darling paperboy? I was thinking vintage 1920s. I think I can make it work one of these days! And, yes, I bought such hats. They are on their way. Wheeeeee! :-)))))))))))

So I loved this outfit, simple as it was. The dress has pockets! and a lace collar! and a shirred waist! And the shoes are amazing! (Of course they are. They're Fluevog. These are my current favorite pair.)


I felt so Spring-y! I had to put on some makeup and bright red lipstick to match the new flowers. Happy Spring!

xo, Gladys

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...