Sunday, October 9, 2011

Starry Starry Sweater Dress

On Friday morning, I made the long drive down to L.A. to see one of my longtime friends whom I don't see as often as I would like. He and I got our master's degree together in the early 2000s and have been friends since. He is my favorite karaoke buddy. Given that I can't go to a lot of Asian restaurants in these parts, I made a special request for really good dim sum. This trip did not disappoint!

It was a slightly surreal experience as the floor slanted downwards to my left (my back was to the window), so we felt literally off-kilter the whole time (!). And at one point, my friend bumped my water glass, but while it tipped over towards the downward slant, it remained suspended in air for at least a second until I reached out to grab it. It was like those Road Runner/Bugs Bunny cartoons where the character would be speeding along, going over a cliff but not falling as per gravity until he realized he didn't have ground beneath his feet any longer. We were both freaked out a little. Like I said, surreal!

But on to the dress mentioned in the title of this post:

Dress: Kind Like Love via Amazon; Belt: Kohl's; Leggings and ankle socks: Sockdreams; Booties: Blowfish "Hichi" via Amazon

These two were taken with my iPhone at my friend's gorgeous loft condo, against a semi-decorative column. Given the way the light was shining through the high transom windows, we thought this would be the best place for the photos. I think we did good. :-) But I got my husband to take more detailed photos with our DSLR in the early evening after we both got home.



I bought this sweater dress in the spring of this year on steep sale. I really loved it but couldn't wear it because the weather here in the desert got super hot by late April. :-/ I'm so glad it's fall now! The dress was perfect for the sunny but cool L.A. weather on Friday.

Did you notice the stars on the dress? So lovely. And the dark purple and white go so well together. I paired my Blowfish booties with black leggings and socks this time, and that made a huge difference from the last time I wore the booties, don't you think? Also, I'm starting to be more adventurous with my poses. I'm trying to improve my modeling skills, such as they are. I'm learning!

xo, Gladys

P.S. Last photo of the dim sum:
Yummy goodness from Ocean Seafood Restaurant in downtown L.A.

4 comments:

  1. that dress is really pretty :) the belt ties it all together. i love blowfish shoes, those booties are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi clementine*! thanks so much. i think you're totally right about the belt (with little sequins!). and i'm a new fan of blowfish shoes. i just found them this past spring/summer and now have four pairs, 2 flats, 1 wedge heel, and 1 boot. i'm really loving them (though not as much as my fluevogs, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is adorable on you....and the stars are so cute. I love small prints!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi sayaka, thanks for the kind words! and i hear ya -- i don't have enough small prints in my life. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...