Friday, October 28, 2011

8 of 30: Lace, Floral, and Dots

Top: Comme Toi via ModCloth; Skirt: Down East Basics via ModCloth; Tights: Urban Outfitters; Ankle boots: Fluevog Raphael (Earth Angel family)

Fun outfit today! The clothes look a bit bedraggled in the photos because they were taken at the end of the day, but you get the gist. This top is actually quite long, with an asymmetrical hem that is longer at the back like a tux with tails. The best part about it is the lacy floral layer on the front. It is semi-sheer so I wore another one of my skin-colored Patagonia tanks underneath. The skirt is a little too long for me, but I love it because of 1) the beautiful colors and pattern and 2) the black waistband that acts like a wide belt and cinches perfectly. And the shoes...ah, the shoes. Maybe you can see why I love Fluevogs so much? :-) These are just gorgeous with the black suede and "unisexy" shape, but they're also supremely comfortable -- and I'm not exaggerating here. This particular family (or shoe shape) is vintage now, meaning they've been discontinued, which is a shame. At least I have two other pairs from the same family.

I wore this outfit to a movie date with the hubby. We finally watched Crazy, Stupid, Love. and I thought it was really good. I liked the way the different threads of the movie came together near the end; it was a little farcical but it reminded me of the old TV show Seinfeld that way. The movie is a story about relationships with some dark insights about love and aging, but tempered with a LOT of lighthearted and laugh-out-loud moments. Some of my favorite actors really shone, like Emma Stone, Julianne Moore, and of course Steve Carell. The added bonus was that it made Ryan Gosling less creepy than I usually find him. O.o

Anyway, speaking of slightly creepy but cute, here are some last photos of my son the photo-bomber. :-)


xo, Gladys

4 comments:

  1. hi, gladys! love your son! he is so cute... and you have a lovely blog. i'm a mommy blogger also, and it's great to get inspirations from others. :) enjoyed browsing, and i am your new follower. hope we can stay connected! cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi jasmine! thanks so much for visiting and leaving a sweet comment! i'm excited to find out about your blog. you are super stylish, and it's neat to find a fellow mommy/fashion blogger! hope to stay connected, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...