Wednesday, October 26, 2011

6 of 30: Monochrome Mosaic

Dress: Patagonia "Margot" (ON SALE!); Tank: Patagonia; Cardi: GAP; Tights: Sockdreams; Booties: Blowfish "Hichi" via Amazon

This is a GREAT dress. Not only is it made of soft and comfy organic cotton, but the cut is flattering and the mosaic pattern in black and white is striking (I tried the same dress in coral and white, but the pattern looks washed out somehow in those colors). At some point, however, I will need to shorten the straps to fit my shoulders better, hopefully before next summer when I will want to wear it without a cardigan or sweater. Speaking of which: YAY! It's cool enough for a cardigan today!

Also, I'm not sure why these tights look bluish in the indoor photos because they're reeeaaally purple, almost bright purple. The last photo above is more true to life. It was taken outside on my porch.

I wore this outfit for another visit to the eye doctor (to finalize my contacts prescription and get a pair of non-prescription sunglasses). I'm currently shopping online for a new pair of prescription glasses (or two)...the lovely and ever-stylish Katrina of the blog the demure muse has been kindly giving me some solicited advice on how to shop for specs online on a budget. If you check out her blog, you'll see why I've asked her for advice in particular (thank you, Katrina!). And when I finally make my decisions of course I will share photos here.

Hope you're all having a great week! Happy Hump Day! ;-)

xo, Gladys

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...