Friday, October 21, 2011

2 of 30: Purple and Plaid

UGH. I KNOW. WHY DID I EVEN BOTHER TO TAKE PHOTOS TODAY? (Except that I needed to document that I am doing this challenge?) No makeup. Bad hair day. An outfit that just looked blah-de-blah-de-blah.

Dress-as-skirt and belt/tie: Tulle via Amazon; Top: Must Have via Amazon; Booties: Blowfish via Amazon; Bracelet: Kohl's

By themselves, the top and the dress (worn as a skirt) don't look so bad. I really like dolman sleeves. But I think I needed a more form-fitting bottom to balance the looseness of the top. I wore my jeans the day before so I couldn't use those. The one pair of shorts in my set of 30 for 30 items probably would have worked, but I just didn't think about it.

Problem was, I didn't have too much time. Again, busy with house stuff. My mom came over to help out, and we ended up just cooking and dealing with a grumpy, whiny toddler all morning. We managed to get out of the house mid-afternoon to go to a carpet place in town and check out their selection and prices. I didn't know the first thing about buying carpet so this trip took longer than I expected. At least the sales rep was nice. I guess I'm not the only person who asks all sorts of questions because she doesn't know the first thing about buying carpet.

So. I wore the outfit without the plaid waist-tie/belt, but for the photos I stuck it on my head to camouflage the bad hair. (And I was inspired by blogger Kristine. Or Polly.'s recent DIY on tying scarves on her head. She obviously looks way cuter.) I also thought it would be nice to use as a necktie. But probably for a different outfit.

Finally, for something more fun, I present to you the Shakespeare Insult Kit (via Tastefully Offensive).

To the creepy dude yesterday who followed me to the parking lot from my eye doctor appointment only to start wandering aimlessly among the parked cars when I noticed him following me: "THOU VILLAINOUS HALF-FACED LEWDSTER!" Okay, I feel much better.

xo, Gladys

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...